Sunday, February 08, 2009

Toradora! x Last Blade


Trying not to forget how to draw and how to use Adobe Illustrator, I recently had the urge to materialize an image in my head. It's been so long since I last drew anime characters. The last time was before the website project, which means around 2005. Above are the two main characters from the best anime I watched from 2008, Toradora. Taiga and Ryuji are dressed up as Shigen and Kaede from my favorite console fighting game, SNK's Last Blade. The title Toradora (tora=tiger and dora=dragon) made me wonder if the characters were based on the four symbols of the Chinese constellation known as Shishin. The first time I recall encountering a reference to it was in Yu Yu Hakusho, but the first time I actually realized they were popular symbols was after playing Last Blade. In the game, Kaede possesses the power of the dragon known as Seyriu while Shigen has the power of the tiger known as Byakko. Below is the intro from the game.

No comments: