Friday, August 26, 2005

Lately I´ve been thinking why the women I draw don´t look like the originals, while men are instantly recognized. Maybe, since I simplify women too much, they end up too "industrialized". I confess that I always try to make girls cuter so they won´t feel like killing me. Men are uglier and less worried about how they look (usually). Thus, I feel less pressured when drawing them. Also, I´m always worried of how simplify my drawings. Guess that´s the result of drawing women more oftenly.

Maybe this is what happens in my brain:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The original, based on a photo.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The clone, based on the first drawing.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The second clone, based on the drawing above.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The third clone, based on the drawing above.

No comments: