Sunday, April 17, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It´s official. I´m currently obsessed about bags. But they are so pretty and useful...

Ozzy Osbourne said that if you want to look different today, don´t tattoo yourself. It´s pathetic to see all these kids doing tattoos and piercings just to show their friends how "wild" and "crazy" they are. I can only see the loss of lots of potential blood donors for crappy reasons.

Without the tattoo the illustration would look too prêt-à-porter. This tattoo comes from Yu Yu Hakusho´s character, Hiei. A couple days ago, I was asking a friend if he still liked this anime. He said that he liked it because it is connected to his childhood. This is the typical answer I get from almost every so called "otaku" (someone who thinks he´s an anime fanatic). When I was a teenager, YYH was one of the first animes I ever watched. Since I had very little to compare to, I liked it very much. I`ve grown. I´ve watched lots of other titles. Then I rewatched one episode at Cartoon Network when I returned from Japan. I couldn´t bear the whole episode. My thoughts were "was it always like this?" or "how could I stand these dialogues?" Nostalgia is an important feeling but dangerous when it becomes pure escapism.

1 comment:

A simple means of self-discovery said...

Hi! My name is Matt, and I love your BlogSpot! I am curious…May I publish your blog on my spot known as “Best of Da Blogz”. I want to showcase your great work and make sure that your get ALL of the credit for your creativity and genius. I even want to put your website below your post. Therefore, if others would like to learn more about you and see how great you really are…They Can! So would this be possible? Please let me know and I greatly appreciate your time. Best wishes! Ciao!

Da Site:

http://dablogspots.blogspot.com/

~Matt :)

P.S. Found your site through browsing :).